Saturday, April 4, 2009

Tears of Joy

There is an incident that has shaken my life lately. Last Sunday, as far as it get, still lingers in me, my heart and my soul. An unfortunate lost in the district chinese debate competition left all of my teammates in numb, so numb that withholding the our ciliary mussles is futile indeed. But that strange pungent odour of freshy cut onion is absent, my was managed to keep my eyes dry. I questioned myself, with such melacholy projection on everyone's face, why can I still manage to do this? Is it because I am strong enough to live up to reality or has I become inhumane and disrespectful to the slog I took, I wonder.



Sentence from a known phychologist knocks me up and awaken me. 'Those who cry are those who feel safe', he says, reminds me of voluntary control of emotion. I clog my tears when the news was announced, i clogged my glands up when i was handed over the prize and had to put on a fake grin. I wasn't happy, not at all, but I analogued it. Sense of insecurity told me to withhold the tears to salvage the last dignity of my own, my team. However, when I'm in bus on the way home, golden words from my Ms. Teh lubricated my gland and catalysted my tears to flow. I felt safe, for the moment. Where i was able to let my soon uncontrollable emotion off and cry like a baby. In articulation of her sooths my heart of million question and answered my prayer. (Hail Teh Mei Lee)

True indeed, the world is unfair. A simple statement of one plus one never equal to two perfectly epitomize society we are in. But one only thing you can do is to be generous to yourselves and your friends! What have I done to suffered this deal of pain, crucifixion? No, nothing may I have done so wrong. But, double think again, who plunge us into these pains? Ourselves. But who did the wrong thing? Them who still laugh.

Dear debaters, let the tears flow. Journey of them slipping through our cheeks and dampened our lips shouldn't signify a grief of anger but a celebration of what we have able to achieve, period. For those who cant eye our talents, curse them. But never let the bogus judgement justify who are you and how are you. Because if you think are good, you are. There is needless of concrete proves but a notion in adament.

'The one who laugh the brightest is the one who laugh last', be it an episode of our journeys and shall us lose the skirmish of seventeens but not the battle of our lives.

Love, JJ

1 comment:

  1. the world is never fair, nor is it in the optimistic equilibrium of theorectical justice to each and every person on each.

    People suffer, and they suffer hard.

    I extend my deepest sorrow that you have lost despite a fair and satisfying show, and that the judges had gone against your favour. But be cheerful the teachers think otherwise.

    Other than the verdict of the few judges, i think you have outdone yourself. Teacher Teh's judgement is THE judgement.

    Nobody overrules her. NOBODY.

    ReplyDelete