Friday, May 1, 2009

Judgement on Judgement

Sorry for my delayed reaction. Well, I have heard the news of the USA Beauty Paegent controversy few days ago but wasn't been able to post a thought on it. Now that I have some spared time, I've decided respond to this unfortunate incident.

For you who still don't know what actually happened, here's a touch of hint. In the previously aired USA Beauty Peagent Contest (few days before), a finalist Carrie Prejean was asked of a question, whether the legitimation of gay marriage should be practised. Rumours has it (solidified by Perez Hilton himself) that because of her disagreement on the issue being, she was panalized and landed as the 1st runner-up of Miss USA by a close margin to the winner.

Byhere I would firstly need to declared my stand as not an anti-gay nor pro-gay, but just a bystander who tries to justify. In my humble opinion, I think people in America should have the freedom to voice out their personal point of view without being utterly offensive, just like them who are free to choose their leaders, their jobs and their sexual orientation, a pro-life community I would say. So and so, it is wrong to panalized someone for being candid and frank on their articulation rather than pick-choosing the so-called 'popular' answer. People can disagree with one another but their judgement would still have to remain just. In similiar assertion, how can you panalized someone when you are the one to coin a question which depict one's political stands? In either way, to agree or to disagree homo-marriage, among people at large there are still who defies her stands. In this cases, I think the judgement should based on how well the answer was voiced evoking minimal disconcentment. Again in the my thought, I think Carrie has voice out her point of view in the most modest and sensible way. However, it was Perez himself who humiliate himself and the judging board by posting such insensible and vulgar statement online. It is but a disgrace to America.

Last but not least, do enjoy the video above. I love how Billy O'Reilly question the biase judgement of that gay activist and justify the whole situation. It was well-rounded but surprising not offensive, deed of a gentlemen.

No comments:

Post a Comment