Saturday, May 16, 2009

What A Week!

First and foremost, it's about the english essay competition. Glad that I was nominated in the prelimenary round, but wouldn't be so glad when you see the whole list. If not mistaken, there are about eight to ten people from my class who made it, which frankly is a bit outrages regarding the level of language mastery in my class. Yet more, my teacher comment (not in a good way) my essay of overly twist-turning without going straight to the point. It bugs me actually. The title of that essay is 'Relaxation', and it is suppost to be an essay competition. Can't I just deliver something with a twist so that it would be a breath of fresh air rather being tedious? But thank god, even she despise my way of writing, she would like to see how other teachers think of. (Mr. Kong, help me plz....)

Another old rotten issue - examination. Frankly speaking, I am not that ready. Sloth got over me since i am studying in form 5. Last term I slipped to rank no. 16, a weak number that I couldn't help when thinking of it but to bash myself up. Well, top ten just seems a bit far... Maybe I reached there by accident in the past, but may I accidentally did it again, I aspire. However, I deem that study should be fun and enhancing. Looking at my friends burning those midnight oil and look like some undead frankenstein in morning, it really freaks me out! Now and always, guys, I won't be your confidant at dark. What a waste to not be able to dream in your soft crisp blanket in peace....

There has been a lot of hits-to-be lately (Some are hit indeed). First of all, is Miley's The Climb, not a big fan of her but this song is not too shabby either! But I would consider it a great song but not adknowledging her as a great singer. If it were sung by else non amatuer, it will be BIG. Jennifer Hudson's If This Isnt Love is indeed a killer. Blended with R&B and Pop sensation, it's a concoction of Beyonce and Rihanna. Britney's Unusual You is yet released but i really want it to be. It is so nice, finally a song not convincing others as she is a slut, but If You Seek Amy (F-U-C-K Me) is really nice too. Last but not least, it a song I don't quite get but is getting it. Black Eye Pea's Boom Boom Pow, it has been consecutively crowning Billboard Hot 100 for 5 weeks! But it sound weird though... Too electro, not my style. However, i did love how Fergie says 'I am so three thousand and eight, you are so two thousand and late', wow, how cool is that!

What a week, despite all the hussles and bussles, I am having my mid-term exam for the next two weeks. Haiz... Some advice to all friends, this is the tipping period where your bodies do love to go awry. Drink more water, eat more veges and rest more, there is still a cornucopia of studies await.

Bye, Ivon

3 comments:

  1. ^^ well.

    sloth gotten over you? haha last i heard, you were aiming for top ten.

    and i'm sure, a number of that status means no compromises for even the slightest laziness.

    ^^ anyhow yup miley's the climb is nice. but lately i'm more into canto pop....GUA

    and dun even get started on the english essay competitions. its heart wrenchingfor one thing to know you gotten into the prelimanery round, and thoroughly agonizing the other to know that you would not, even for the slightest chance, WIN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I agree wif you....

    But to be candid, i am rily unprepared la... Lots of things nvr read somemore writing blog. I've lost the ability to prioritize my chores. Haiz...

    ReplyDelete